Friday, August 24, 2007



An encouraging 30 min run today. Felt pretty good and then cooled the legs off in the river. Kent and I then hiked over to the hot springs where we alternated hot and cold on the legs. It was treacherous as we had to avoid the naked guy in the hot springs.


Tom has just found a 10k trail run to do in the morning and thankfully Becki has threatened to kill me and make me walk back to Houston if I do it. It starts at the Taos ski valley and gains 2612 feet in the first 3 miles, beginning at 9207 feet. The race is called the Up and Over Trail Run - as part of the New Mexico High Altitude Challenge. The pictures of Tom above are from yesterday's run along the gourge. He did an hour and ten. He just looked great upon completion, but the beer was good.


My quad is activating much better today. My run was not bad at all and I was actually running. It was hilly and the downs did not hurt as much as yesterday. After the run my quad seems even more engaged than before. Yay! I will try to post pics of the Hot Springs (without naked guy) once I get them from the camera to the computer.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM , Blogger Gaslight ;-) said...

That was really sweet of you to post a pic of your friend about to upchuck. Remind me to run off and leave you if you're carrying a camaera.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home