Friday, November 28, 2008


2008 Dallas Turkey Trot

I ran in my new Texas A&M jersey that Kent gave me this week. It looked even more silly if I ran in running shorts because it hangs down so low that it looked like I was in a skirt or running naked on the bottom. I chose to wear my sweatpants. The run got quite warm by the time I got about 2 miles into the run. By six miles, I was ready to eat. By eight miles I was ready to eat, get out of the sweats and jersey and get a nice cool one.

All in all, it was a very successful run. I have not run 8 miles in many, many months. It felt good to be out running. It just would not have been Thanksgiving without the Turkey Trot. The Turkey Trot would not have been the same if I only ran the 3 mile run after so many years of doing the 8 miler. I decided that I would just have fun and start at 9 minute miles and maybe work down to 8's. The first mile was 8:19 and felt easy. It was packed and I started pretty far back. I decided that I would just run by feel, but go ahead and run a bit quicker while still holding back. I did that through the rest of the race. I had fun and gave a lot of pep talks and tried to get some "WHOOPS" from other Aggies. It was going to be the only time that Aggies would get to do any "WHOOPING." The rest of my mile splits were: 2) 7:49, 3) 7:47, 4) 7:32, 5) 7:46, 6) 7:49, 7) 7:31, 8) 7:14. Total 1:02:10 and a 7:46 pace. Not bad for having so much fun and running in a 20 pound jersey.

My legs are a bit sore from the extra miles and all of it being run on the concrete. Most all of my runs have been on soft trails. Maybe if I can keep up my exercises and some running, I could get in some semblance of shape.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM , Blogger Gaslight ;-) said...

And maybe even faster without that silly logo.
Go Coogs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home