Monday, November 17, 2008

FAST CHICKS!!!

I get to hang around with fast chicks. This weekend Anna smoked the SA Marathon getting 3rd in her division and dropping her PR by 8 or 9 minutes! Rumor has it that she is older than I am, but she keeps getting faster and I am simply lucky to make it around the track at all.
Anna's most recent run made me think about the fast chicks I have the pleasure of running around with. I could certainly add more and this list is not exclusive. I say that so that I won't offend anyone that I leave off, but to offend someone, people would have to actually read this blog - so I should be very safe. So, here are some pictures of FAST CHICKS.
I don't really have action shots because I am still out on the course when these girls finish, but I do have some pictures. Here is Anna getting ready for the Boston Marathon. Even better - you get the trifecta - Anna, Esme and Katrina. Talk about FAST. Anna just rocked her 3:11:08. Talk about "Rock" - Esme was 3rd Overall Woman at the White "Rock" Marathon - Half Marathon. I can't even really write about Kat. She has run in the Olympic Trials, and was the first American in the World Half Marathon Championships in a time so fast I can't keep up on my bike.



Here is Esme just hangin' around looking fast. She then saunters over to chat with her friends from Italy. The lady she is chatting with is Bruna Genovese who happened to place 3rd Overall Woman at the Boston Marathon the same weekend that this picture was taken.


I think most people will rocognize this next one. Joan was eating in the same restaurant we were. She has no idea who I am, but I took the picture anyway and she did not come punch my nose or break my camera, so she must be a very nice lady.



Next is Bonnie Jo. She talked me into joining my running club and wins so many races it is not even funny. She won Overall Masters Woman at the Houston Half Marathon.

So there are a few of the fast chicks that will tolerate me. On a personal note - I did run 3 miles yesterday. Baby steps, but steps nonetheless.
Happy Trails!

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Blogger Gaslight ;-) said...

Yes, where "getting ready" means drinking two beers...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home